Reading time ( words)
CTS Corporation today announced fourth quarter and full year 2017 results.
Fourth Quarter 2017 Results
- Sales were $110.9 million, up 9.2% year-over-year. Sales to automotive customers increased 7.3%, and sales of electronic components grew 12.7%. The Noliac acquisition, completed in May 2017, added $3.0 million of sales in the fourth quarter of 2017
- Net loss was $13.6 million or $0.41 per share, which included a $18.0 million one-time, non-cash charge related to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and a $13.4 million one-time, non-cash pension settlement charge
- Adjusted diluted EPS was $0.39 compared to $0.29 in the same quarter of 2016
Full Year 2017 Results
- Sales were $423.0 million, up 6.6% compared to 2016. Sales to automotive customers increased 4.8%, and sales of electronic components grew 10.2%. The Noliac acquisition added $7.1 million of sales in 2017
- Net earnings were $14.4 million or $0.43 per diluted share
- Adjusted diluted EPS was $1.23 compared to $1.08 in 2016
- Operating cash flow was $58.0 million, up 23% year-over-year
- Total booked business grew $219 million in 2017, a 14.4% increase, to $1.737 billion
“We made progress on several fronts in 2017, growing our total booked business substantially, building momentum in sales growth, improving earnings, and generating strong cash flows,” said Kieran O’Sullivan, CEO of CTS Corporation. “We will continue to focus on improving sales and gross margins in 2018.”
Full year 2018 sales are expected to be in the range of $435 to $455 million. Adjusted earnings per diluted share for 2018 are expected to be in the range of $1.32 to $1.44.
CTS is a leading designer and manufacturer of products that Sense, Connect, and Move. The company manufactures sensors, actuators, and electronic components in North America, Europe, and Asia. CTS provides solutions to OEMs in the aerospace, communications, defense, industrial, information technology, medical, and transportation markets.
For more information, click here.